We have built a robust infrastructure, proven origination capability, achieved unequalled understanding of the local landscape, and contributed to the liberalization and institutionalization of the Algerian economy.
Tell’s clients benefit from:
- Our standing as the only specialized and independent firm active on the Algiers Stock Exchange. Tell obtained an IOB license to act as a stock exchange intermediary from the Algerian market regulator (COSOB) in 2015.
- Our proprietary network of senior advisors and strategic partners to facilitate discussions and negotiations.
- Privileged access to government entities and input into shaping important legislative and administrative policy.
- Access to a strong network of local experts, including former C-level executives from state-owned companies, to complement macro analysis and understand complex market situations.
- Historical relationships with local Algerian banks with specialized knowledge of financing terms and funding conditions.
- Algerian transaction experience. Tell originated the largest local non-energy natural resource transaction involving domestic state and private institutions, and a major international investor. This landmark transaction broke ground in opening up the non-energy mining sector and opened cross-border transactions into Algeria.
Our Local Capabilities
- In Algiers, Tell’s management team, composed entirely of Algerian nationals, has a combined 90 years of experience in private equity, corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, risk management, structuring and governmental advisory. It is supported by a group of Algeria’s top graduates in areas such as economics, statistics, engineering and technology.
- Our Special Situations unit has a combined 50 years of expertise in private equity, corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets and structuring.
- The Project Management Office team has more than 30 years of project management, accounting, and infrastructure experience in international markets and projects.
Through active engagement with Algerian private and public sector principals, entrepreneurs, and community and cultural leaders, Tell builds its understanding of the domestic landscape and strengthens its ability to meet the goals of both the local population and investors.